Recently, during one of my rabbit hole adventures into Beatle Mystery Land (you know, that wonderland known as Google), I happened upon this very curious article about a “lost chapter” from a tell-all book about the Rolling Stones and their misadventures. The book: “Up and Down with the Rolling Stones: My Rollercoaster Ride with Keith Richards” The Author: Tony Sanchez. The book was originally published in 1979 by an insider, Tony Sanchez (self proclaimed drug dealer and quasi-bodyguard for Richards in the mid-60s) that purportedly received death threats from Keith Richards in response to this explosive, bestselling book. (Curiously however, Richards told Rolling Stone magazine that everything Sanchez said in the book was true…)
The “lost chapter” due to its implications was never published in the original book, and after reading the chapter I can see why a publisher might be a bit concerned with releasing such information. Somewhere in the vicinity of 2011-ish this chapter was leaked into the public domain so that we all can ooh and ahh over its contents and implications. There is no way to really verify at this time the validity of the information, nor that this is even truly the “lost chapter” from Tony Sanchez’s book. Being as that it is a full chapter, I am not going to transcribe the entire document in this blog but you can read the chapter in its entirety here. I highly recommend doing so, and decide for yourself if it rings true for you or not.
Instead, I will bullet point the important parts of the piece, as they pertain to the various things discussed in thenumbernineblog. Just to be clear, I have never read this book, but it is now on the top of my “to read” list (which gets larger practically everyday) I literally stumbled across it looking for something completely different. I seem to find the darnedest things that way! This chapter floored me, I could not believe what I was reading, and the hits just kept on coming throughout. I was also very surprised that I had never come across this before, nor had I seen it discussed anywhere to bring it to my attention. After further digging, I did find brief discussion of it in NIR (Nothing is real- Paul Was Replaced) forums, which you can view here.
Enough background Mumbo Jumbo- lets get to the good stuff!
The chapter hits on some key points as follows:
- Robert Frasier (art dealer and friend/business associate of Paul McCartney) had a gambling/drug problem, and managed to rack up a significant amount of debt at some of London’s Casinos and, as a result, some “very heavy villains were after his blood.“
- The “heavy villains” turned out to be the notorious London gangsters, the Kray twins.
- The twins would write off Frasier’s debt if he could “deliver to them the Beatles on a platter.” Frasier seemed willing to cooperate.
- A campaign evolved to bring John Lennon into the orbit of these fellows; Frasier and Sanchez, mainly by getting him hooked on narcotics, and Sanchez being his main supplier. They also employed the talents of Yoko Ono in order to be a ‘minder’ for Lennon for the duration of this plot. Paul was already a friend of Frasier’s and would need less convincing.
- Frasier introduced Paul (and others) to Kenneth Anger, who initiated them into his secret occult organization the OTO.
Paul was so taken by his newfound enlightenment (shared with English occultist Alestiar Crowley) with Frasier’s and Peter Blake’s help designed the Sgt. Pepper album cover with hidden masonic and OTO symbolism. Frasier intended it to be a “treasure map of clues for those who already had the knowledge to decipher. It was a statement to those in the know that said ‘we know what you know’.”
- The author claims these inserted “clues” were misinterpreted to be clues about Paul’s untimely demise. In doing so the “Paul is Dead mystery seekers” inadvertently nearly stumbled upon two, similar, but unrelated incidents that had been carefully and skilfully removed from Beatle folklore.
- The first incident pertained to the death of Tara Browne. The circumstances of his death have been widely reported (with inconsistencies of course), but what was not known is that Paul was actually at the scene of the crash that evening, and quietly left the scene unnoticed.
- The second incident occurred after a second warning from the Kray twins to move
matters along more quickly- and involved suspicious brake failure in Robert Frasier’s mini cooper and subsequent crash into a lamppost. Fortunately, Frasier’s lover, Mohammed Chtaibi was the sole passenger in the mini cooper, and escaped with only minor cuts and bruises. The other five boys had piled into Mick Jagger’s green mini cooper and arrived unscathed at Keith’s Redlands mansion. (Five grown men piled into one mini cooper?? hmm)
- Months later, Frasier ” had come to the realisation that he was going to be unable to extract the Beatles from the stewardship of Brian Epstein and deliver them to the Krays after all. Despite all his efforts, schemes and manipulations the Beatles had, much to his chagrin and consternation, an attachment and loyalty to Epstein that Fraser could just not fathom out or undermine.”
- The Beatles seemingly were above the law- at least privy to busts- since George Harrison and Pattie conveniently left the scene minutes prior to the infamous “Redlands Bust” that left Robert Frasier in jail for a matter of several months. Sanchez concludes it was due to the Beatles MBE status among the establishment that in essence made them”one of their own”.
As I have said the validity this article really can not be determined. To be honest, it seems just a wee bit “too perfect”. In one, single missing chapter- “Spanish Tony” has confirmed nearly everything so many researchers have been suspecting for so long. The chapter can only be found on the internet as far as I can tell, published in 2011. Spanish Tony supposedly died in 2003, but many have claimed that Tony Sanchez actually faked his death because of the threat he was under from the tell-all nature of this book. In 2000, the last Kray Twin, Reggie succumbed to cancer, hence Tony Sanchez was no longer under protection and- according to the theory- took the money and ran.
However- if true, I may as well stop publishing articles on the numbernineblog because…found is the holy grail of Beatles Mystery answers that I have been seeking for so long!
With that in mind, I rather like publishing blogs and rambling on strange tangents and peculiar Beatles subjects, so I will temporarily place another big “?” on this puzzle piece for the time being and continue on my journey down to Beatle Mystery Wonderland.
… To Be Continued…